Youth Baseball - Five Tips to Help You Make The School Team
By Jake Wyatt
If you play Little League baseball, you probably know that everyone is accepted to Little League. If you are a serious baseball player, you will most likely want to try out for the school baseball team at some point. You should know that very few Little Leaguers will actually make a school team.
If this is important to you, here are five tips from high school coaches to help you succeed:
1. Keep your grades up. All school teams have minimum grade requirements. You could be the best baseball player in the state, but if you don't have good grades you won't make the team. Pay attention to your studies first, baseball second.
2. Know the game. Study the rule book for your school's district. Be a student of baseball and know the game's history. Know facts about major league players and teams.
3. Persistence is more important than talent. Hang out around the locker rooms. Get to know the players and the coaches at your school. Attend their games and cheer them on. Volunteer to help at the games. Make yourself known. And you must do all this WHILE practicing and improving your own skills.
4. You must practice every day of the year. Hitting practices, tossing practices, working out. Do something every day, even in the dead of winter. Even on Christmas! And keep track of it in a daily diary along with notes about your personal observations so you can see the progress you are making.
5. Always have a positive attitude. Cheer your teammates on. Listen to the coaches. Don't argue. Look enthusiastic all the time. Hustle. A player that has a great attitude will make a team over a better player with a bad attitude.
Making the school baseball team is hard, no matter how long you have played baseball. Following these five tips will dramatically increase your chances of making the team.
In order to be the best possible baseball player, training should happen year-round and be a joint effort between the coach, the player and the parents. Get more free tips to improve baseball performance, reviews of e-products related to baseball, and links to training resources at http://youth-baseball-training.com.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Jake_Wyatt
Baseball2u.com/CoachesBest.com is the ultimate online baseball training and coaching store. With over 1400 products organized into categories Baseball2u.com makes finding that baseball training product easy and simple. Order securely online or by phone. Baseball2u.com is a fully licensed company and has a full time staff available from 8:00 to 5:00 CST. Their toll free customer service number is 1-877-431-4487.
The Categories they have are: Baseball Training Equipment, Youth Baseball Training Equipment, Training Bats, Pitching & Throwing Trainers, Defensive Trainers, Batting Cages, Pitching Machines, Jugs Equipment, Game and Practice Baseballs, Protective Practice Screens and Nets, Portable Pitching Mounds, Baseball DVDs & Books, Clearance Items on Sales, BatAction Hitting Machines, Hurricane Hitting Machines, NEDCO Bataction Replacement Parts, SKLZ Hurricane Replacement Parts and Much Much More! Visit Baseball2U.com today!
Welcome to the BatAction Baseball Training Blog
The BatAction Blog presents baseball batting training tips, baseball hitting drills, and other information to help Bat Action owners produce unbelievable results from working out on the BatAction Baseball Trainer. Baseball coaches, players and parents will find this information very interesting and extremely useful. The Regular posts include new and innovative training drills and techniques to increase bat speed, improve power, improve hitting skill, and increase batter confidence.